Inventory Unit Detail
2012 BMW G 650 GS
Why not? That's the motto of the G 650 GS. Whether in town or on the gravel track: with this machine you have every terrain under control, and you get more than your money's worth when it comes to riding fun, too.
The G 650 GS continues the success story of BMW Motorrad's single cylinder engines in impressive fashion - with a solid output of 48 hp at 6500 rpm and a maximum torque of 44 ft-lb at 5000 rpm. The bike offers absolutely sensational fuel consumption levels: 74 mpg, at a constant 55 mph.
The ride feel on the G 650 GS is thrilling, too - wherever you're going. Whether on the road or over rough terrain - the reliable, tried-and-tested chassis with central spring strut on the swinging fork ensures crisp handling. Membership of the enduro family is highlighted in this new machine with the upright seating position and an impressive 6.7" of spring travel at the front with 5.5" at the rear. The moderate standard seat height of 30.7" and the lowered suspension option make this experience accessible to virtually anyone.
The G 650 GS is robust, powerful and yet still extremely light, weighing just 431 lbs (with a full tank). With its low fuel consumption and simple handling, it is not just ideal for beginning motorcyclists. Its slim, athletic stature in a youthful and typically enduro-style design stands for uncomplicated riding pleasure and pure fun. Even the paint finish is a real eye-catcher - whether in hot-blooded Orange Red or pure Aura White.
The equipment features of the new BMW enduro include comfortable hand protectors, aluminum sump guard, a high windshield and practical Vario cases.
The options make the machine a touch safer still: a center stand makes for improved stability, the heated grips provide a more solid grasp and ABS prevents the wheels from locking.
With the G 650 GS you will simply have fun. So just get on and off you go: why not?
- Type: Water-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 100 mm x 83 mm
- Capacity: 652 cc
- Rated output: 48 hp (35 kW) at 6,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 44 lb/ft (60 Nm) at 5,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 11.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMW engine management, twin-spark ignition
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Approx. 105 mph (170 km/h)
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 74 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h:
- Fuel type: Unleaded regular.
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 400 W
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 5-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bridge-type steel section frame with bolted-on rear section
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm, fork stabilizer
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Box-section steel dual swing arm, central spring strut operated by lever system, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 6.7/6.5 in. (170 mm/165 mm); 5.5/5.1 in. (140 mm/130 mm) with lowered suspension
- Wheelbase: 58.2 in. (1,477 mm)
- Castor: 4.5 in. (113 mm)
- Steering head angle: 61.9 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum
- Rim, front: 2.50 x 19 in.
- Rim, rear: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 110/80 R19 59V
- Tires, rear: 140/80 R17 69V
- Brake, front: Single disc, diameter 300 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Optional extra: BMW Motorrad ABS (can be switched off)
- Length: 85 in. (2,165 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 36 in. (920 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55 in. (1,390 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 30.7 in. (780 mm); lowered suspension: 29.5 in. (750 mm) high seat: 32.2 in. (820 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 423 lb. (192 kg)
- Dry weight: 386 lb. (175 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 838 lb. (380 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 415 lb. (188 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 3.7 gal. (14.0 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 L)
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- 652 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 mm x 83 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 11.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / BMW engine management, twin-spark ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm, fork stabilizer
- Rear Suspension
- Box-section steel dual swing arm, central spring strut operated by lever system, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 300 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 110/80 R19 59V
- Rear Tire
- 140/80 R17 69V
- 58.2 in. (1,477 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in. (780 mm)
- 61.9 deg.
- 4.5 in. (113 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal. (14.0 L)
- 74 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Dry Weight
- 386 lb. (175 kg)
- Constant mesh 5-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Aura White, Orange Red